Hello there littles and caregivers!
Here’s a fun simple recipe on how to make glitter slime. Glitter slime is great for stress relief and anxiety, and it’s also just plain fun to stretch and smoosh. This is a great activity to do by yourself, or with your caregiver’s help. It’s also super easy to make, so let’s dive in!
The things you will need:
You can typically get everything you need at your local grocery store.
- 5-6 oz. of your favorite color glitter glue (preferably Elmers brand).
- Roughly 2 tbsp Baking soda
- 1-2 tbsp of Contact Lens Solution
- A bowl
- Something to stir with
- Measuring spoon (1 tablespoon)
- A small storage container
- Dump the entire bottle of glitter glue into your bowl.
- Put 1 tablespoon of baking soda on top and stir
- Pour your contact solution over the mixture and stir once more, if you find the glue is still sticking to the sides of your bowl add a bit more until a ball forms.
- Pour the other tablespoon of baking soda onto your ball and knead it like a ball of dough until it no longer sticks to your hands. This will make the ball less slimy and easier to handle.
- Your glitter slime is ready! Feel free to add a drop of essential oil or extract to give it a scent if you like. For stress relief, lavender or ylang ylang are great options. For a more playful “little” aroma, go with a bubblegum or a fruity extract. When you’re not using it, store in a lidded container at room temperature. Be sure to store it away from pets and young children.
Check back for more pictures soon!
Did you like this activity? Be sure to share this with your friends, and tell us how it went in the comments below!